SAVE on all your activities, Attractions & MORE!
Always check for current promo codes for additional savings!
Click HERE to see all the deals
Now on to your GreatFrumTrips.com article...
All the above in one place? Free? It does sound too good to be true, you say.
Why not read on, and judge for yourself then!
Being that today is on the cooler side, let’s start indoors with the Trailside Nature & Science Center:
A 4,500 square ft, 2 floor building with lots of enjoyable exhibits,
attractions, a nature library, and more!
Features include a a Native American Indian home,
a masterful taxidermy forest exhibit,
showcasing many of the animals found on the reservation.
raccoons, birds and more.
Don’t miss the opportunity to see a cross section of the largest cut tree trunk you’ll likely ever see – compare it to the adjacent doorways for an idea of the size. Anyone want to count the rings?
Continuing with your article...
There’s also an incredible nighttime theater – showing the animals surrounding you at night – really a terrific experience.
Stop at the minerals exhibit for your rock-collecting boys,
the bird nest and bird egg identification exhibit for your budding ornithologists.
the live turtles for your budding zoological professors,
…and an extinct animal exhibit for your Paleontologists-in-training.
GFT TIP: When reading exhibits about “millions of years old” bones, we’ve always told our kids two things: As Torah Jews, we know exactly how old the world is…
So how do “millions of years old” dinosaur bones fit into the picture?
- We heard from Rabbi Mintz, founder of Oorah that Hashem created a mature world, with everything in it. Adam was not born as a baby needing to grow up – he was created as a fully grown man – and animals as well were not created as babies but as mature adults. Hashem could just as well have simply created the world with the “ancient” bones in it
- One reason most of the animals were destroyed by the mabbul was because they were interbreeding with other species, and that could have easily created strange creatures, i.e. dinosaurs. With a flood in the entire world so major that it covered even the tallest mountains, anything to do with carbon dating, and where and in which earth layers bones are found could not possibly be correctly dated by scientists today, after such an upheaval. (Ever heard about fish fossils being found atop mountains?)
Back to our great trip – Moving on – let’s head outdoors:
Before we do, if you got this far down the article, you obviously know a great deal when you see one.
SAVE ON YOUR TAXES THIS YEAR with Yitz Weiss! CLICK HERE & fill out the 30 second, 100% confidential form!
(continued from above)
With an extensive trail system, the park is beautiful even when covered in snow in the Winter, with obvious beauty in the Spring, Fall and Summer seasons as well.
Many trails are bike-able for the (soon to be!) experienced. Keep an eye out for horseback riders who also share the trails and get the right of way to bikes.
(click the map above to enlarge and print)
The trails lead to exciting place to see, like the old Drake Farm house,
a deserted village for you to explore,
Seeley’s Pond, and more!
(continued below the sponsorship)
Invest in a TOP NOTCH, EXPERIENCED CPA, and SAVE ON YOUR TAXES THIS YEAR with Yitz Weiss! CLICK HERE & fill out the 30 second 100% confidential form!
Top it all off with some terrific playgrounds for the kids, and you have a FREE trip worthy of the best!!
The Loop Playground is shown in the pictures above and below:
and the Main Playground – both are within reasonable walking distance of the Indoor Nature Center we mentioned earlier.
If you take Route 78 to get there, particularly in the summer, check out this unique bridge over the Highway there the wooded reservation crosses the highway via this interesting “land bridge.”
OK, you say – tell me more and how do we get there?
Name: Watchung Reservation & Trailside Nature Center
Hours: (as of 2-5-17) Daily 12-5
GPS Address: 452 New Providence Rd. Mountainside, NJ 07092
Phone: (908) 789-3670
Located in: Mountainside, NJ – Not too far from anywhere – GREAT option for Mid-WINTER Break!
Your Amazon purchases keep our site up, Thanks!
- GreatFrumTrips continues...
Distance from Lakewood: Approx 55 min
Distance from Elizabeth / Highland Park / Edison: Approx 25-30 min
Distance from Passaic / Clifton / Fairlawn / North Bergen / Teaneck / West Orange: Approx 25-30 min
Distance from Monsey / Brooklyn / Queens: 50-60 min (more with traffic).
Tried & Tested: YES!
Worth traveling an hour for? We’d give this one a resounding YES!
(article continues below the post sponsorship)
Please patronize our sponsors to keep this great service alive!
Most of all, have fun!
LIKE WHAT YOU READ HERE? Sign Up for FREE Email alerts with GREAT new POSTS DAILY!
SAR – GFT
© 2017 GreatFrumTrips.com
GreatFrumTrips.com is a TREASURE TROVE for Jewish Families, and is growing EVERY day!
New attractions and information posted daily…
- Worldwide Kosher Food Directory
- Wordwide Minyan Directory
- Wordwide Mikvah Directory
- Wordwide Index of Acceptable Kosher Symbols by the CRC
- Attraction & Day Trip Ideas (growing every day)
- Informative Trip Reports
- Hilarious True Travel Fiasco Stories
- Shidduch Dating Places
- Travel Products we’ve used, tested, recommend & love
- FREE PLACES, Great Deals on Attractions
- NEW! Online Kever Directory of Kivrei Tzadikim to Daven at
- NEW! Comprehensive Listing of all area Kosher Hotels
- NEW! Comprehensive Listing of all Kosher Getaways, Kosher Vacations, Kosher Shabbos Programs, Kosher Conventions & More! Enter your email at GreatFrumTrips.com, and g
et a FREE post each day of great attractions for frum families!Now also GreatKosherTrips.com and GreatJewishTrips.com
Enter your email
GreatFrumTrips.com, and g
Advertise with us, and your ad can be seen by THOUSANDS!
BEFORE You Go - Are You Covered? GET Travel Insurance. It's WORTH IT!
Cancel your trip for any reason with Travel Guard Find out more
Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance Get a free quote.
Medical Evacuation Coverage Yes. You're covered!