SAVE on all your activities, Attractions & MORE!
Always check for current promo codes for additional savings!
Click HERE to see all the deals
Now on to your GreatFrumTrips.com article...
The event that only happens every few years… and why your family should should be there.
There’s nothing more exciting than the roar of supersonic jets overhead and Power in the Pines delivers an exhilarating showcase of both military and civilian air power in an unprecedented, unparalleled way.
Coupled with a plethora of ground displays, exhibits, concessions and live entertainment this is the event you won’t want to miss!
Open to the general public, admission, the shows and parking are absolutely free.
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst is set to open its doors to the community May 5-6, 2018, for the ‘Power in the Pines’ Open House and Air Show. The event is set to feature several military and civilian air and ground acts.
‘Power in the Pines’ will feature aerial performances by the U.S. Air Force F-22 Demonstration Team, the Royal Canadian Air Force CF-18 Demonstration Team, the U.S. Army Parachute Team, The Golden Knights, and flyovers by military and civilian aircraft.
In addition, attendees can get up close and personal with military air and ground equipment while experiencing a variety of entertainment throughout the two-day event.
A GFT Trip Report of the last show, in brief:
The last open house and air show hosted by them was in May 2016, and we brought the family out to see it after school. So how was it?
- Despite the long ride, tens of thousands of attendees, and having to park the car far away to get to the event itself (they have shuttles buses), it was an amazing experience, nonetheless.
- The airshow itself was incredible, and being able to climb into and board some of of the most amazing military aircraft, cockpits, helicopters and more was lots of fun for us and the kids.
- A note of warning – Airforce bases are H-U-G-E, the size of a medium to large city, and it can take some time to get around. Their shuttle system does help, and we did feel it was worth it in the end.
Bottom Line: You won’t get this experience anywhere else – Think a real, working, open air force base.
Great Frum TIPS from the Pros:
- An added benefit of going on the second day, Sunday, made it less crowded, especially in the later afternoon as people who had already spent a day or day and half there headed on home.
- Bring along a blanket to sit down on the ground for the airshow – there are no chairs to sit on unless you schlep your own.
- Bring Ear Plugs like the ones in the picture below for you and the kids. Military jets are really LOUD, and the neck strap is great for keeping them around your neck between shows without losing them. Click the picture below to get them on Amazon
Power in The Pines Open House Air Show is open to the public.
Free Admission and Parking.
Gates Open: 9:00am
Aerial Performances: 11:00am and acts continue into the afternoon
Please note that all information are subject to change without notice.
Never miss out on a great place! Sign Up for FREE Email alerts with GREAT new POSTS DAILY!
Continuing with your article...
GPS Address: Fort Dix McGuire Air force Base
Phone: (609) 754-1110
Distance from Lakewood: Approx 45 min
Distance from Elizabeth / Highland Park / Edison: Approx 60-70 min
Distance from Passaic / Clifton / Fairlawn / North Bergen / Teaneck / West Orange: Approx 90 min
Distance from Monsey / Brooklyn / Queens: 1 hr 40 min (more with traffic)
Psst! If you love airplanes – don’t miss this great show either:
Still reading? here’s the anticipated schedule for the Fort Dix Event:
- U.S. Air Force F-22 Demo Team
- U.S. Army Golden Knights Jump Team
- Royal Canadian Air Force CF-18
- F-22/P-51 Heritage Flight
- KC-10/KC-135 Air Refueler Fly-by
- C-17/C-130 Cargo Fly-by
- C-17 Demo
- C-17/KC-10 Simulated Air Refueling
- U.S. Coast Guard Search and Rescue Demo
Air Force Static Display:
C-5, C-7, C-130, KC-10, KC-135, F-16, E-3, E-8, MQ-9, T-1, T-6, T-38, Air Force Recruiting, Air Commando Experience
Army Static Display:
C-12, RQ-7 Shadow, RQ-7 Trailer, UC-35, UH-60 Black Hawk, UH-72 Lakota, Past-Present-Future Display, WWI Commemorative, Aviation Simulator, Army Marksmanship Unit, RECON Hazmat Team, DECON Apparatus, Biological Integrated Detection Systems, M1117 Guardian, Army Recruiting Battalion, Army Band, NJ Army National Guard Recruiting
Marine Corps Static Display:
AH-1W, CH-53, MV-22, UH-1Y, P-19 Firetruck, Humvee Highback
Coast Guard Static Display:
Small Boat, Hazardous Material Response Trailer
Navy Static Display:
OV-1 Mohawk, L-19A Bird Dog, M151 Vietnam Jeep, L-4, L-9, L-16, L-17
CAP Aircraft, Super Blanik Glider, DA40, Piper 180C, New Jersey Aero Club Mooney M20j, Saratoga and more!
LIKE WHAT YOU READ HERE? Sign Up for FREE Email alerts with GREAT new POSTS DAILY!
SAR – GFT
© 2018 GreatFrumTrips.com
GreatFrumTrips.com is a TREASURE TROVE for Jewish Families, and is growing EVERY day!
New attractions and information posted daily…
- Worldwide Kosher Food Directory
- Wordwide Minyan Directory
- Wordwide Mikvah Directory
- Wordwide Index of Acceptable Kosher Symbols by the CRC
- Attraction & Day Trip Ideas (growing every day)
- Informative Trip Reports
- Hilarious True Travel Fiasco Stories
- Shidduch Dating Places
- Travel Products we’ve used, tested, recommend & love
- FREE PLACES, Great Deals on Attractions
- Online Kever Directory of Kivrei Tzadikim to Daven at
- And More!
Enter your email
GreatFrumTrips.com, and g
Advertise with us, and your ad can be seen by THOUSANDS!
BEFORE You Go - Are You Covered? GET Travel Insurance. It's WORTH IT!
Cancel your trip for any reason with Travel Guard Find out more
Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance Get a free quote.
Medical Evacuation Coverage Yes. You're covered!