SAVE on all your activities, Attractions & MORE!
Always check for current promo codes for additional savings!
Click HERE to see all the deals
Now on to your GreatFrumTrips.com article...
If you love huge crowds, long lines, and hard-to-find parking, and have infinite patience, this article is NOT for you.
If you are like us, and willing to travel a bit more to get away from the crowds, then this article is right up your alley.
Slightly off the beaten path, these 5 trip ideas are out of the way just enough that you’ll be much less likely to encounter crowds of people.
#5: Stamford Museum & Nature Center
Location: Stamford, Connecticut.
Indoors and Outdoors
Founded in 1936 the Stamford Museum & Nature Center offers educational programs, arts, cultural exhibitions, and special events. Located less than 10 miles from downtown Stamford the 118-acre facility boasts a range of attractions and activities that delight visitors of all ages.
- Stamford Museum: Located in the stately former summer home of department store founder Henri Bendel, the Stamford Museum offers a number of dynamic changing exhibitions. Subjects range from natural science to popular culture, fine art, and history.
- Heckscher Farm: Experience farm life firsthand on our traditional New England working farm. Stroll on paths past barns, pastures, paddocks, and coops, as well as a seasonal Maple Sugar House. Visit all the animals that call Heckscher Farm home, including llamas, cows, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, and chickens, or drop in for one of the public programs led by an SM&NC Environmental Educator.
- Heckscher WILD!: Bringing world habitats to life, the Heckscher WILD! exhibit features live animals and plants from across the globe. The bright new space provides visitors a chance to interact with exotic animals through feedings, demonstrations, and special events.
- Nature’s Playground: Get children outside and unplugged with nature-based free play. This playground is nestled in the woods on a gently sloping hillside. Children can see the world from an animal’s point of view, scamper through a hollow log, climb into a giant bird’s nest, and zoom down the otter’s slide.
- Nature Trails: The SM&NC’s scenic network of nature trails allows guests to explore a diverse eastern hardwood forest with year-round streams and seasonal vernal pools. See abundant wildlife, enjoy the sounds of Poorhouse Brook, and learn through our interpretive signage. Take a stroll on the universally accessible Wheels in the Woods boardwalk or hike the Letterboxing trails and look for clues.
- CLICK HERE FOR DISCOUNTED PRICING!
Location: Purchase, NY
About Boundless Adventures:
A brave adventure-seeker perches in a tree, high up in the air. After a deep breath and a surge of courage, she steps off the platform and whizzes down a zip line, past the breathtaking treetops of the Purchase College campus. Scenes like this occur constantly on the eight acres of high-flying obstacle courses at Boundless Adventures. With nine courses total ranging anywhere from 10-45 feet high, sectioned into four levels of difficulty, adventurers of all ages and ability tackle balance beams, swinging ladders, and speedy zip lines all while building confidence and working together. Boundless Adventures counts safety as its top priority, so every customer undergoes a safety briefing before climbing up into the trees.
Continuing with your article...
#3: Mystic Seaport
Location: Mystic, CT
About Mystic Seaport:
The fresh breezes that buffet Mystic’s shoreline probably feel much the same as they did 150 years ago, so it’s a fitting place to find America’s nautical history resurrected. Called Mystic Seaport: The Museum of America and the Sea, includes 19 acres of exhibition space. In addition to the museum proper, the complex hosts a recreated 19th-century sea-faring village, a working shipyard, and extensive gardens that blanket the grounds. Live museum staff lead demonstrations and performances throughout, even welcoming guests aboard the National Historic Landmark vessels moored in port. On Wednesdays through Mondays, captains take visitors out on the water in a coal-fired steamboat to experience the river and town from a different angle. They also rent out their small boats seasonally, to visitors who can comfortably handle being in charge of a boat. When tired of ship studying and naval gazing, guests can head to the Treworgy Planetarium and turn their eyes to the stars, learning how to chart courses in the manner of ancient captains, modern astronauts, and late-night deliverymen.
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
About DC Sports:
Outside of obvious options like competitive stamp collecting and anchovy-eating contests, something that’s fun to do as a family or group is hard to find. Rediscover entertainment fit for the whole herd with this offer at DC Sports, good for one round of mini golf for 4 adults, regularly $36, yours for only $18.
Mini golf fun is for everyone at DC Sports, Dutchess County’s destination for active entertainment. Put your mini golf prowess on full display as you make your way through a recently remodeled colorful and challenging course design complete with massive rock formations, twisting terrain, a castle, a pirate ship, wooden bridges and more to make the game anything but a bore. Take your best shot and pocket savings while you score!
Location: Carlisle, PA – In the Lancaster area, so this is a good place to consider an overnight trip!
RARELY does ANY entertainment achieve 2000+ 5-Star Ratings – Based on that and with SO MUCH TO DO HERE, without even having visited yet, we’d peg this as a sure bet!
At Carlisle Sports Emporium, revelers hone their hand-eye coordination in an arcade with more than 100 games and two whimsical 18-hole miniature-golf courses.
Sprawled across 20-acres, the entertainment complex houses the 7,500-square-foot two-tiered LASERTRON laser-tag arena alongside multiple go-kart tracks, defining it as a definitive place to play.
Guests can shine up their short game on a medieval-castle or western-themed mini golf courses, or practice their best back spins at the roller skating rink.
Address: 29 South Middlesex Road, Carlisle, PA 17015
Phone Number: 717 258 4741
Still reading? Don’t miss our best deal ever:
Don’t wait until Bein Hazmanim is all sold out! Buy your tickets TODAY
NEVER miss a great deal like this! Sign up for our FREE ALERTS Today:
Have a great day!
SAR – GFT
© 2018 GreatFrumTrips.com
GreatFrumTrips.com is a TREASURE TROVE for Jewish Families, and is growing EVERY day!
New attractions and information posted daily
Enter your email:
Your Amazon purchases keep our site up, Thanks!
- GreatFrumTrips continues...
GreatFrumTrips.com, and g
Advertise with us, and your ad can be seen by THOUSANDS!
BEFORE You Go - Are You Covered? GET Travel Insurance. It's WORTH IT!
Cancel your trip for any reason with Travel Guard Find out more
Allianz Global Assistance Travel Insurance Get a free quote.
Medical Evacuation Coverage Yes. You're covered!